Overview of GELSEAT Wheelchair Cushion
The GELSEAT wheelchair cushion is a high quality wheelchair cushion manufactured by Funke Medical, one of Germany's leading manufacturers of anti-decubitus systems. The cushion has been independently tested by the Federal Ministry of Health in Germany and is classified as suitable for patients with a high risk of pressure ulcers. With an anatomical cut and dual-layer of high quality foam, pressure hot-spots are minimised. The cushion is suitable for patients weighing between 20 and 120 kg.
- Hyper-elastic two layered comfort core - this high quality foam core is suitable for pressure management of patients with a high risk of developing pressure ulcers. Top quality Ottobock foam is used.
- Anatomic Cushion Shape - ensures a good position when seated. This adds to long term comfort and importantly helps to reduce pressure hot-spots.
- GELTOUCH top layer - this unique top layer has a cooling effect
- Mesh Fabric - aids with moisture management to guarantee an excellent micro climate
- Waterproof breathable incontinence cover - the cover is waterproof so that the cushion cannot become damaged by liquids. However, it is breathable to ensure moisture management and reduce the risk of pressure ulcers.
- High quality construction with ultrasonic welded seams
- Bi-elastic cover - the cover stretches is 2 directions which minimises shear forces and reduces the risk of pressure ulcers.
- Bacteria and Virus proof cover.
- The covers is removable and machine washable.
- Non-skid bottom
About Funke Medical
Funke Medical is one of Germany's leading manufacturers and produce anti-decubitus systems made from high-quality PU foam. Funke products are marketed these globally to relevant specialised medical organisations. The therapeutic benefits of our manufactured medical devices are guaranteed, thanks to the high-tech processing methods that the individual raw materials are subjected to and their system of complete quality control.